Friday, January 11, 2008

Immunity? We don't need no Stinkin' Immunity!

It's been reported that Clemens will not be receiving immunity for his testimony in front of congress; one question - why should he?

Rocket is going to The Hill to defend his name; he is going to convince the world that McNamee is a liar and he didn't use PEDs. Why in god's name would he want immunity?

I am really looking forward to The Rocket's testimony. As someone who wants to believe him I have to believe that the prospect of losing everything far outweighs his baseball legacy. If he used and lies to Congress he will go to jail. If he tells the truth all that happens is his baseball legacy is tarnished, but he goes on with his very (his words) 'blessed life.'

I am going to use the congressional testimony to make my final decision about whether I believe Roger ever used. As of now, I am doing what everyone should - give him the benefit of the doubt.

Search This Blog