Friday, October 17, 2008

A Couple of Predictions

As the free agent period is about to heat up, I thought I'd share my thoughts as to where I see a couple of players going

Jake Peavy - Atlanta. This is the kind of move the Braves always make, and it will be a good one.

CC Sabathia - Yanks. Cash will overpay, but CC will ultimately be enticed by the slimming nature of Pinstripes.

Mark Texiera - Angels. As much as I want him manning 1B for the next 8 years in The Stadium, Arte Moreno has some cash to spend and a bunch will go Tex' way.

Ben Sheets - Cardinals. They need an Ace and (when healthy) Sheets fills the need.

These are just some initial thoughts on where I feel some of the bigger names will go once the Phillies win the World Series. I will be back with a full slate of Yankee predictions a little later in the Hot Stove season.

2 comments:

Mike said...

After the Giambi contract, I cannot see how anyone would want to lock up a player for 8 years.

Anonymous said...

First of all, the Giambi contract wouldn't have been bad had he been able to stay healthy. The reason Giambi was unable to stay healthy was his dependency on steroids. Teixeira is much more athletic than Giambi and will run better and play much better defense.

Search This Blog