Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Can Jeet Start Acting Like The Captain?

“I’m just curious as to why people keep asking the same questions over and over. We’ve been down this road before. Alex is a teammate. I support him. Our whole team is behind him. We all support him. And we’re looking forward to a new season. To be quite honest with you, it’s old hearing the same questions. It’s something that’s been addressed before in the past. Everyone’s moved beyond it. And it doesn’t really need to be addressed again.”

Wow...could Jeter have been more tepid in his 'backing' of Arod? How hard would it be for him to remove the annoyed tenor and issue true support for his teammate? I get that he has a parental love for 'Mr. T", but Joe is gone and Arod is gonna be around for a long time.

Do your job as Captain, Derek, and support your teammate- even if you don't want to.

2 comments:

Carlos Echevarria said...

I could not agree with you more!

I have known about Rodriguez since his day locally here in Miami...never met him personally but his background.

Jeter is the Captain of the greatest sports organization in the history of mankind.

I need not tell you about that inherent honor which has seldomly been bestowed...

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why he has to say anything. Does he have to get on his knees? Is that what it takes?

Search This Blog