Tuesday, November 25, 2008

3 Sheets to the Wind

I really don't get it.

There is  a ton of talk about AJ Burnett and the myriad of teams set to offer him obscene money for a thousand year's work. Why almost NO mention of Ben Sheets?

As I mentioned earlier, and as RAB thereafter agreed with, Sheets is probably a better all-around option. Less injury over his career (to less problematic parts of his body), less years and money needed to sign, younger, and as much upside and talent as AJ. 

It's possible that Cash is simply staying in the Burnett game to drive the price up for the Dread Sox. Or it's also likely that he has genuine interest in AJ. Either way, I really hope that Cashman sees that Sheets is a better option and nabs him before Atlanta does.

1 comment:

Rad said...

Ben Sheets would be great adn your right, I've heard no mention of him at all as an option. To be honest I didn't even know he was available. I read on another blog that Anaheim was getting ready to offer CC some big money. I think it's time we start moving some attention to AJ and Sheets so we're not left in the cold.

nice job man

Search This Blog