Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pitch FX Data

I happened across this blog which provides analysis of pitch fx data for all MLB players last year. If you haven't seen the pitch fx data before I urge you to take a look. It breaks down each pitch a pitcher throws recording speed and break of each pitch. There was some interesting things I noticed while looking through the Yankee player's data:

Ian Kennedy's fastball moves a lot(-5.16x and 12.37z) compare it Roy Oswalt (-4x and 9.51z).

Joba Chamberlain throws a nasty curve (8.5x and -4.68z) compare to Josh Beckett (6.65x and -3.51z).

Mariano's cutter is unreal (1.94x and 8.27z) compare to Tim Hudson's cutter(-1.86x and 3.34z).

Also, I noticed that Papelbon throws a real moving fastball but not much else with any movement. Interesting stuff, I urge you to take a look.


BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Search This Blog