With a full month of the season behind us it is a good time to look at the top Yankee prospects and see where they stand. We will be posting ten each per day for the next couple of days;
1.Joba Chamberlain, RHP - Grade A - He has been dominating as expected. I can't wait to see what he can do as a starter.
2. Austin Jackson, OF - Grade B - He hasn't shown any power and his avergae is mediocre(.267) but his K rate has continued to drop and he has shown he belongs. He is still on track for a 2009-2010.
3. Jose Tabata, OF - Grade F - .186 BA 0 Hrs and a temper tantrum, doesn't get much worse
4. Ian Kennedy, RHP - Grade D - Has shown improvement in his last couple of starts and you can see a quality pitcher in there he just needs to be more competitive or he is going back to AAA.
5. Alan Horne, RHP - Grade Incomplete - Only pitched 8 innings due to a bicep injury and as of now no date on his return.
6. Jesus Montero, C - Grade A - .330 BA as second youngest player in his league. He will probably be the top Yankee prospect by next year.
7. Jeff Marquez, RHP - Grade D - Been getting kills at AAA to the tune of 7.01 era but his last two starts have been much better.
8. Brett Gardner, OF - Grade B - .290 BA, .364 OBP, and a little pop (2HRs more then Tabata and Jackson combined!)
9. Ross Ohlendorf, RHP - Grade C - Showed signs of being a really effective reliever but been misused a bit as a long man.
10. Andrew Brackman, RHP - Incomplete - TJ