Thursday, July 17, 2008

Public Enemy #1


It started for me with Carlton Fisk. I remember screaming "Kill him, Thurm!" at the TV as an 8 year old. From there, names like Bob Stanley, Dwight Evans, Rich Gedman,  Marty Barrett, Spike Owen and Mike Greenwell (
grrrr! my all-time most hated player!) made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I am a Yankees fan, and there is always at least 1 Red Sox player that I completely loathe!!

Recent history saw Jason Varitek the object of my hatred. The smug look, the likes of Tim McCarver, Joe Morgan and especially Peter (I Love Theo!) Gammons 
gushing over his leadership and handling of the staff (what crap!), the fight with A-Rod...man I hate Varitek! I still hate him, but now that he is completely inept at the plate (218/299/354) he's taken a back seat to the new public enemy #1 - Jonathan Papelpuss.

I have no problem with a young guy being confident, even a little cocky regarding his talent; but Papelpuss goes waaaayyyyyy too far. 

In addition to continually comparing himself to Mariano (are you kidding me?!?), the guy has zero class. Add this to all of the crap about him thinking that he should close the ASG, Peteabe had this from the AL clubhouse - 

Yankees clubhouse manager Rob Cucuzza said how impressed he was with the Red Sox players. A few of them asked to see Thurman Munson’s locker. “Those guys and Terry (Francona) have been incredibly respectful,” he said. “I didn’t really know them before this and they’ve been great.”

Then we have Jonathan Papelbon, who is wearing a sleeveless blue t-shirt with a drawing of a hand making an obscene gesture. Yes, that obscene gesture.

Classy.

It's obvious that the guy just doesn't get it. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and it's obvious no one has shown this idiot the right way.

Another thing - can he please stop the pre-pitch face that makes him look like he's about to give oral pleasure to a Ken doll? Just close your mouth for god's sake!

I don't wish injury to any player - regardless of how much I hate them. A little Rick Ankiel disease for Papelpuss, though, would be a lot of fun to watch!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys, I saw this add in the daily news this morning and thought you might be interested to check it out. It was on this fantasy camp

http://www.pinstripewishescometrue.com/

Search This Blog